The way to Batad rice terraces



This is the 2nd time to go there to go there.
This time I want to share the info.

Topics


1) The way to go to Banaue

2) The way to go to Batad rice terraces from Banaue main town

3) about stay

4) about field trip and Tappiya water falls


1) The way to go to Banaue


I recommend you to use the way through Nuevo biscaya on AH26. Because this way doesn’t have less traffic troubles than the other ways. And also wide way.
If you can use express high way, better to use TPLEX until Rosales.
If you cannot use it, just go to the north using Manila north way and AH26.



This picture is the tracking logs when I went.
*I miss the way before Sun Jose.
So the best I know is following AH26 around there.

Once you will start to passing the way after Sun Jose, you cannot find gas station easily so I recommend you to get gas before on the way.
Near the provincial border on Tarlac is cheeper gas then the other area in Luzon island.

2) The way to go to Batad rice terraces from Banaue main town.

Once you reach to the Banaue main town, you can see the one selecting way by Tourist information.
You will choose public market way.
Just on the way for about 20 minutes, you can see mother junction so you will choose Batad way following traffic board.
Once over the mountain you can see the end like below picture.







After the end of the car way, you will start small trekking.







The first way doesn’t have cement way. Just walking less than 5 mins. You can find the way with cement.

Once you will reach the Batad village entrance you will register as tourist and pay the entrance (50 peso)

After that you will enjoy there. In my case, I reserve hostel so I went there at first.
Maybe if you will just go there by day trip, I think Registration officer will recommend you to attend your trip with field guide.

My hostel is lower side of rice terraces so I choose before way.





3) about stay

There is limited hostel so I reccomend you to reserve hostel using such as booking.com or Agoda. It looks like always almost fully booked because there is would heritages.

My room is just about king bed size plus. The bed size is twin size. Not so big. If you height is more tha 190cm. It is possible that your foot is excess on the bed.

You cannot expect private bathroom. I think it is hard to find the private. However you can use worm shower.
*my first visiting is just cold water.



From the hostel

4) about field trip and Tappiya water falls


If you want to go around rice terraces or Tappiya water falls, you need to get guide. If you try to go there without guide, villagers tell you “you need guide”.
The way is looks like mot so hard. However some of villagers are keeping their life with guide income.

According to my friend, standard guide price is 1200 peso her group. So if you have many friends with, you can minimize how much you will pay.

Depends on guide, In my case, at first, going to the top of rice terrace them go to Tappiya water falls.

This is the way to the top.













This is the one of top view.
You can see the beautiful view with grass on March.
Or you can see gold rice grass on April.

On November 2018, they are preparing to plane rice all over the step farm.





After seeing there, I was go down to going to Tappiya water falls.





Once you reach there you can see this.





The water is bit too cold. I felt bit hurt. The storm is without edge. In my case, I wanted to use sandals.

Are you thinking fully enjoying there?
Don’t forget the hard way to go back village.

Guide said if you will go there before sunrise, you have a chance to see the rainbow.

All this field trip is hard way for me. But you should not miss the chance to enjoy conversation with locals.

I think you can enjoy conversations with them too.

Thank you very much.







0 件のコメント :

コメントを投稿